Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Shane and I were blessed to have the same Spring Break again this year, and actually ended up getting 12 whole days together!  We almost didn't know what to do with ourselves, then it hit.....wedding planning, yikes.  My post are a little mixed up, so the last two post were things we did during Spring Break.  We started out the break by heading up to Odessa for an Engagement party, with a lot of close family and friends from West Texas.  My parents also made the trip, which really meant a lot to us.  It was great to finally meet so many of the people that have been a big part of Shane's life.  We relaxed in Odessa for a few days, and then headed back to College Station to start on the dreaded....wedding planning.  I have to say though, we hit it hard, and got a ton accomplished.  Shane has to be the most understanding and caring fiance alive because he took it all in stride and helped out tremendously, even when I was told I was being a bridezilla (oops!).  We got to see a few Aggie baseball games together, and enjoyed a lot of running, walking and just being outside in the beautiful spring weather.  On Saturday we made a quick trip to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo to see Brad Paisley.  Shane had never been to a "real" rodeo before so it was exciting to show him what I'd grown up going to.  This break only reassured us that we cannot wait to get married.  Unfortunately, it also opened my eyes to how much more we need to get done in the next 69 days, to prepare for the big day!



Shane and I at our Engagement Party in Odessa

Wedding work at its finest

Rodeo time!

We sat with my sister, brother-in-law, and niece at the Rodeo.  It was so loud, Emma wore ear protection, but loved every minute of watching all the cows!

No comments:

Post a Comment